Indonesia released a draft for the Technical Standards for Short Range Devices
The Ministry of Communication and Informatics of Indonesia (SDPPI) released a draft of the Technical Requirements for Tools and/or Telecommunication Short Range Devices.
On January 19, 2018, the technical requirements of wireless local area network telecommunication equipment and devices stipulated in Regulation of the Minister of Communication and Information Technology (Number 28 of 2015 on Technical Requirements of Telecommunication Tools and Equipment Operating in 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency Band and / or Radio Frequency Band 5.8 GHz needs to be adjusted with technological developments as well as the policy of arranging radio frequency bands.
The draft contains the following key information:
Minor changes in the 2.4Ghz Bluetooth
The comment period closed on May 14, 2019.
Here are the adjustments and improvements:
1. The addition of radio frequency bands, which originally local area network wireless devices can only operate on the radio frequency band 2 400-2 483.5 MHz and 5 725 – 5 825 MHz, in this RPM added several new radio frequency bands, to be:
- 2400-2483.5 MHz;
- 5150 – 5250 MHz;
- 5250 – 5350 MHz;
- 5470 – 5725 MHz;
- 5725 – 5825 MHz.
2.Base Station / Access Point used for indoor shall use antenna which can not be disassembled (fixed and built in).
3. Wireless local area network devices in the form of Base Station / Access Point can operate indoor and / or outdoor with the following conditions:
- Devices operating on the radio frequency band 2 400 – 2 483.5 and / or the 5 725 – 5 825 MHz radio frequency band may be used for indoor or outdoor use;
- Devices operating at radio band 5 150 – 5 250 MHz, 5 250 – 5 350 MHz, and / or 5 470 – 5 725 MHz can only be used for indoor use.
4. Added provision of testing methods, as a guideline for the Test Center in testing the wireless local area network devices.
5. Wireless local area network devices can operate on:
- Single band (single mode) on radio frequency band
- multi band (multi mode) on:
- the radio frequency band 2 400-2 483.5 MHz and the radio frequency band 5 725 – 5 825 MHz;
- radio frequency bands 5 150 – 5 250 MHz, 5 250 – 5 350 MHz, and / or 5 470 – 5 725 MHz.
6. The Wireless Local Area Network Telecommunication Equipment and Apparatus shall not be equipped with the Country Region preferred feature;
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.
Contact us at email@example.com