New Regulation Introduces Changes in Type Approval Process in Indonesia published by SDPPI for EMC &Safety
The main changes that affect the upcoming certification process:
- A certificate holder must be a local Indonesian company, can be a local manufacturer, a local distributor, a local importer or a company local representative that’s officially registered in Indonesia.
- A certificate holder must have an NIB (Business Registration Number)
- There are no timelines for certificate validity. However, if the product is still produced, assembled or imported to Indonesia after 3 years, recertification is still required according to the section №70 of Regulation #7.
- Certification Scheme – The new scheme comprises the following steps:
- Testing in an SDPPI-accredited test lab (could be an in-country SDPPI-accredited test lab or a foreign SDPPI-accredited test Lab) to get a test report.
- Submitting the test report and application documents to the SDPPI headquarter for evaluation.
- Certificate issuance.
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.