The Colombian Government publishes technical regulations and standards through the Diario Oficial (Official Gazette).All the electrical and R&TT products imported to Colombia must comply with all applicable technical standards and requirements.
Colombian regulatory bodies are:
- The Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (MINTIC)
- The Commission of Regulation of the Communication is (CRC)
- The National Agency of the Spectrum (ANE)
- Law 1341 of 2009 which defines principles and concepts of the information society and outlines organization of the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications and creation of the National Agency of Spectrum and other provisions
- Resolution CRT 087 of 1997 which regulates in comprehensive way services of Public Switched Telephone Network in Colombia
- Resolution 4507 of 2014 CRC that modifies Resolution 087 of 1997;
- Resolution 5050 of 2016 CRC that modifies Resolutions in force issued by the CRC
- Resolution CRC 5322 of 2018 that modifies criteria related to fixed-mobile calls in the mobile number portability environment in Colombia
- CIRCULAR 60 of 2007 CRT – Technical Standards and requirements for approval of fixed-line telephones, satellite, cellular, etc.
- Resolution ANE 711 of 2016 establishes the Frequency Bands of Free use within the national territory, etc.
All equipment that has IMEI and using mobile bands requires to be homologated. Equipment that operates in Colombian mobile bands AWS 1700/2100 MHz, y/o 2500 MHz won’t require homologation by CRC with exception when equipment has IMEI number.
The Homologation letter provided by CRC is the document that proves the compliance of the R&TT product with the existing requirements.
No-Homologation letter provided by CRC is the document that allows avoiding any issues with Customs.
An applicant for R&TTE approval can be a manufacturer, its representative or an importer of the R&TT equipment, as well as telecom operators and users in Colombia.
If a brand and a model of telecommunication equipment have been approved once by CRC it doesn’t require to be homologated again.
Homologation covers all batch of this equipment.
All equipment that does not pass homologation will enter the list of phones registered in a special database. Since May 1st, 2017, CRC and the telephone companies started to block devices with no approval.
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.